Hannah's Om Nom Noms: Granola

7:38 PM

Hi!

Today on my blog we are starting a new segment! I have decided to call it Hannah's Om Nom Noms. As anyone who has met me knows I am really into food. I love cooking, baking and eating (duh!) so I thought it was time for me to share my successes and failures. Actually I might not share the failures. I will just pretend I do everything perfectly.

Granola 

This recipe is adapted from Yammie's Noshery, which is one of my favourite food blogs. Go check her stuff out. She's adorably funny and has great recipes too.

The great thing about granola is that there are really no rules. You can use the following ingredients if you want, or substitute them with something else! Be free, be creative and put whatever you like in there. But I'll put some suggestions at the very bottom if people need suggestions.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup of nuts (of your personal choice)
1 cup dried fruits
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
Optional: 1/4 teaspoon spice (I used cardamon, but cinnamon is another alternative)
All mixed up, ready to go in the oven
Directions
Mix all your ingredients in a big bowl*. Put them on a piece of parchment paper/baking sheet/something they won't stick on and then bake for 1 hour on 250°F (120°C), stirring every 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container. Eat!
*When I made this I found that the dried fruit became a bit too crunchy so next time I am making this (tomorrow actually) I will put the fruit in half an hour after the rest of the ingredients.

Eat it with yogurt or milk and fresh fruit, like apples or bananas. Or just as it is.

Suggestions
• This particular time I used pecans but other nuts you can use are almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts or any other nut you may like in your granola. 
• I used dried cranberries and raisins. Next time I am going to use dried apricots. Basically, whatever you want!
• If you don't like coconuts/are allergic to nuts/hate raisins/don't want something in your granola, just leave it out. This recipe is super easy to adjust.
• If you have a gluten-free diet remember that oats are not gluten free. I tried to look up a substitute but I got bored so... yeah. I'm confident you can figure it out.

Good luck!

For those who don't care about food I will still be doing regular posts about whatever I fancy at the moment. Look forward to it! 

/Hannah



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe